Friday, September 14, 2012

Today was a really exciting day for me. i woke up early and went to my grandmas to watch her mom while she went to go get her hair done. i thought that it would be just another day like always but it turned out to be an excellent bonding time and i learn something new. when my grandma came back from getting her hair done she rested for an minute then had this crazy idea to go hunting for Fairy Rings. For those who might not know what fairy rings are they are a natural ring of mushrooms in the wild

they are very rare. she herd about one so we went to take pictures we could not find the fairy Ring but i learned what they were and continued my search when i got home. i put on a natural bug repellent that repelled everything but mosquito's. i had a parade of animals following me, my Australian Shepperd who lad thy way guarding me and a very curios horse who wanted attention after hours of searching i was unable to find one but i was a wonderful adventure.

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I knew what they were, but I have never tried searching for them myself. Sometimes the adventure of trying to do something is the most fun part. This is really unique and different, I have never heard of anybody trying to find fairy rings. It sounds like an awesome idea, looks like I'm going to have to try and do it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool Michelle. I never heard of those before until reading this post. From the picture they look neat. I like how you had the patience to go out and look for one. Most people would probably never go out and do that or just give up after a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image you create with your story here really draws me in. I feel like I can see these places and people and animals. Thanks for sharing a bit of your adventure with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you learn something new everday! It's kind of cool what you can learn from older people haha. I like how you said you had a parade of animals following you.

    ReplyDelete