New Dog

On Monday I was walking my sisters dog, Carmel, and was walking towards the pasture when he growled. I looked an I could not see anything unusual so I ignored him, then my other dog, Buster, hair on his shoulder stood up an I thought to myself what is wrong with these animals so I looked real hard and I saw something move. I told myself that it was a goat and started down towards it. As I got closer I saw that it was another dog, a beagle and she is heavily pregnant too. I brought her inside and she has already stole our hearts and made her way into the family. so when we ha writing into the day on Wednesday she is who I wrote about.
Dog? It's good to hear that you was able to take care of this female dog. You must enjoy the company of animals, which is very nice.
ReplyDelete-San
Aw! I have a beagle at home. He gets into absolutely everything but is the sweetest dog I have ever had. That's really nice of you to take in the dog like that.
ReplyDeleteMichelle, We just got a new dog, too! His name is Roland and he is a chorky (Remind me to show you a pic.) Your story here has me thinking about the idea from HOMAGO of spontaneity and its power as a learning and inquiry tool. Roland came to us last weekend in a spontaneous offer from my aunt and acceptance from us, too. On the other hand my family has been doing all this careful planning to get a dog, sorting through what kind of dog would be good with kids, would work in our household. We've been making charts and lists and on and on. But Roland ended up becoming part of our family through this spontaneous idea and because of a social relationship (another HOMAGO thing). So in this case anyway the hanging out kind of thing rather than the super planned idea kind of thing worked out. And it sounds similar to your dog experience :)
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you!! I remember when I first got my dog. Hopefully you will be able to post a picture of her one day.
ReplyDelete