Saturday, September 1, 2012

Over the summer i took the little girl i babysit fishing for the first time. We found an old Snoopy miniature fishing rod in my barn and fixed it up just for her. later that day we went down to the pond to fish and she saw our wild blackberry patches. she asked me what they were and i told her blackberries and that she should try one. After eating twenty or so blackberries she was finally ready to go Fishing. i threw her line in the water and handed her the rod a fish bit it right away but she could not catch. i threw the line back in the water and set the hook in the fishes mouth for her and let her real the fish in. she was so excited that she caught her first fish. we fished for twenty more minutes then we walked back up to the house where she told everyone about her wild adventure.

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you got to share that experience with the little girl that you babysit. I really love the outdoors too. She will remember that experience for the rest of her life thanks to you. I remember when I caught my first fish and how proud I was, priceless memories. This really makes me want to go fishing again. Thank you for sharing this cool experience with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, that must have felt wonderful knowing you made that little girls day. Jeremy is right, she's gonna remember that for forever thanks to you. I used to go fishing with my dad and brothers when I was little. We have a huge pond right near my house. I never really enjoyed the actual fishing part because of the worms and such, but I did love spending that time with my family. It was one of those things that just the four us would do and I'll remember those days for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story is so warm, Michelle. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete