Hazel Tells Laverne
last night
im cleanin out my
howard johnsons ladies room
when all of a sudden
up pops this frog
musta come from the sewer
swimmin aroun an tryin ta
climb up the sida the bowl
so i goes ta flushm down
but sohelpmegod he starts talkin
bout a golden ball
an how i can be a princess
me a princess
well my mouth drops
all the way to the floor
an he says
kiss me just kiss me
once on the nose
well i screams
ya little green pervert
an i hitsm with my mop
an has ta flush
the toilet down three times
me
a princess
I loved this poem, I thought it was hilarious. It was based off of the frog prince who I am sure the brothers Grimm wrote. That was one of my favorite story's and love anything related to it. This poem hit some key concepts from the frog prince like the golden ball and the kiss but there are some differences too. In the frog prince the girl is already a princess who loses her golden ball and the frog offers to give it back to her if she promises to do stuff for him like let him eat in her house and stuff like that.The princess and the frog is also another version of the frog prince made by Disney which happens to be my dad's favorite Disney movie ( which he will deny if anyone asked) it takes a comical perspective on the story like this poem did.
I agree with you 100% I love how this takes a comical perspective and also how it is original and different than the original. I think we will see a lot more as people get sick of the same old stories that are forever old.
ReplyDeleteI think it's really interesting to read or watch all these different versions of the same story. I like seeing what other people's takes are on it.
ReplyDelete