Slide one: Everyone thinks college is the only way to be
successful, the only way to go. You have to go to college to get a good job and
they spend their whole life trying to prepare for the future trying to get
ready for college, when in reality you can’t be fully ready.
Slide two: You have to take tests over and over again, the
test that are supposed to get you ready for college. The SAT's, ACT's the EOG
or EOCs finals papers and they all are supposed to get you ready for college.
Slide three: they start younger and younger every year
preparing children for their college years. They start testing you in the third
grade and they continue to test you until you graduate. And even now they are
pushing parents to push their child younger and younger. Baby's reading books,
counting numbers...
Slide four: Families should focus on being a happy family
ones who enjoy to be with each other parents should not push children beyond
what they should know kids should be kids while they can instead of being
stressed out about failure at the age of four.
Slide five: my parents never pushed me too hard in school
they wanted me to live my life and have fun doing so and I agree with a lot of
this. Stress on children is not good for them stressing about things like what
they should be when they grow up. They should however try in school they should
do what they can and do their best but they need time to be children.
Slide 6: You go through school making friends, having fun,
falling in and out of love, making memories that will last forever. You will
never remember the paper you had to write in English class about that book you
read or the year that the French won the revolution but you will always
remember you prom, your friends, they things that you think is important in
your life.
Slide 7: if you don’t think the things you are learning in
school are important than you don’t really learn it. You do enough to get by
and then forget it the first chance you get. And the way I learn best is by
experience. I’m a very hand on person and I learn from the mistakes I have
made. I don’t learn much from school I only learn from school if I think it is
important.
Slide 8: who gets to decide what is important for you and
what is not? Colleges give you a set of courses you have to take, do they benefit
you? Do they benefit you future? Does learning about a war a hundred years ago
change 2+2? You get overwhelmed with all this pointless stuff you have to
"learn” for you to be “successful".
Slide 9: Being successful has many different definitions,
you can ask a hundred people and get different answers from them all, some
might say it’s getting a good job, some might say its making lots of money, and
then again some might say just living life every day is a success.
Slide 10: with college you have to learn how to balance your
life. You have school, work, family, friends, and another thing that is
important to you all cramped into one day and you wonder how you are going to
do 48 hours’ worth of stuff in only 24 but somehow you do. And it’s hard and
life is hard and you wonder how you are going to do it.
slide11: and there is also the big problem of Peer Pressure.
With that huge party going on tonight, everyone is going to be there and if you
want to be anyone in life you would go, even that boy you like down the hall
said he was going but there are going to be drugs there and you have a final
tomorrow should you go? The answer is no you shouldn't but you do anyways
Slide 12: which gets you regretting and regretting is bad because
once you start to regret it is a downward spiral of doom from there you just
keep regretting and you think why would you do that and you can’t forget it and
it starts to hold you back a little.
Slide 13: But you can reset, start over, forget who you were
and become who you are, and who you will be. And if you find the good things in
life, see the glass half full find different perspectives. The mistakes you
have made will no longer be mistakes with regrets but they will be lessons you
learn from.
Slide 14: I was talking to my friend and he was complaining
about how he is never happy and how he just wishes to be happy and I got mad
because this is not looking at the glass half full he looks at his life and
sees unhappiness so I told him to stop that the only thing from keeping you
from being happy is yourself
Slide 15: no matter what you are going through there is
always a light at the end of the tunnel you just have to find the strength to
carry on and keep moving forward with your life. There will be obstetrical and
it will be a long tetrous path but you will get there eventually.
Slide 16: Determination is a key aspect in getting to where you’re
headed; nothing can stop you if you’re determined to do something. Or at least
that is the way I am, but then again I have been known for having the headrest
head ever known to man, literally and mentally. If I tell myself I am going to
do something I will do it.
Slide 17: Courage is
the other thing you need. It’s not easy changing what you know to something
newer bigger and better. Frankly it’s terrifying, I was terrified when I
graduated, or when I started college even when I got my job and went in for an
interview. But I faced that fear with the courage I have and hoped for the
best.
Slide 18: What mistakes you have made does not define you. Whatever
life throws at you cannot define you, confine you, deny you, and what you do
with your decisions is all on you.
College readiness is not something you can prepare for but is something
you have to learn about on the way with trial and error, mistakes, courage,
regret, and determination.
Slide 19: I am a Charlotte 49er I came to college expecting
a whole nother world and what I got was just college. Students studying,
partying, and we are all slowly learning and growing together to become the
next community of people in the world the next generation the ones who make the
decisions.
Slide 20: weather you are ready for college or not life is
what you make of it. You can make it a good life doing the things you should,
or the things that you think you should and not regretting anything learning from
your mistakes and living your life the way you want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment